UMEå university – ACTivities in later life
The UME-ACT research group consists of researchers from the Ageing and Living Conditions Programme and the Department of Community Medicine and Rehabilitation at Umeå University.
The overall goals of the projects within this research group is to understand what meaningful activities really are, develop strategies to support participation and also to evaluate activity-based interventions in later life.
Our researchers are interested in questions like:
- Do activities influence how we perceive our health?
- Is it possible to promote health in older ages through activities?
- What is "good ageing" anyways?
- Does our engagement in activities change in later life?
- How can the ability to perform meningful activities be sustained in later life?